The following instructions apply to Windows 8 devices, including the Surface tablets.
- From the desktop, select the Available Wireless Networks icon in the system tray
- Select the wireless network that you would like to connect to. If you would like your device to connect to this network automatically in the future, check the box marked “Connect automatically”.
- Type in the network security key. Alternatively, if you have a WiFi sync button on your wireless router you can press it now.
- Next you will need to decide if you want to enable Internet connection sharing. If you are unsure, select ‘No’. Don’t use ICS on a network with domain controllers, DNS servers, gateways, or DHCP servers. And don’t use ICS on systems configured for static IP addresses. More information about Internet Connection sharing is available on the Microsoft Windows 8 site.
- Your list of networks should now show your wireless network as “Connected”