To add additional email accounts and/or FTP users to your UpTime hosting package, follow these easy steps:
- Log in to the UpTime interface.
- On the left hand menu, click ‘Edit Users’. This will show a list of existing accounts.To Modify an account, click on the name, make your changes, and then click ‘Save’. To delete accounts select the accounts using the check boxes and click on ‘Delete Selected Users’.
- To add an account, click on the text link to ‘Add a user to this server’.
- Complete the ‘Email address’, ‘Real name’, and ‘Password fields. Configure all other settings, for instance:
- Quota: How much of your allocated storage space the account can use
- Mail Forwarding settings: Forward mail for this user to another address, or configure an autoreply
- Other user permissions > Login permissions: This will determine if the user is only an email account of if they have FTP access as well.
Once the settings are correct, simply click on the ‘Create’ button and the user is created!
If you are on an UpTime plan that does not include unlimited bandwidth, you may occasionally receive “Bandwidth limit approaching” email notifications. This is to warn you that you are approaching your daily bandwidth limit, and if that limit is exceeded, your hosting package will be disabled until the daily bandwidth limit is no longer exceeded .
The bandwidth notification looks similar to this:
Sent: 10/22/2012 1:00:14 PM
Subject: Bandwidth limit approaching for domainname.com
The following UpTime account is approaching its bandwidth limit:
Domain name: domainname.com
Accounting period: 1 days
Bandwidth limit: 250 MB
Bandwidth usage: 215.82 MB over the last 1 days
Percentage used: 86%
Please note that usage by all sub-servers is included in this
You can upgrade your UpTime hosting plan by signing in to your
ReachONE account at http://reachone.com and selecting a new
plan, or by contacting ReachONE Internet technical support at
Sent by ReachONE Automated monitoring system at:
ReachONE Internet Support Team
4500 3rd Ave. SE, Suite 2
Lacey, WA 98503
Bandwidth usage includes the following:
- Data transferred to and from UpTime using FTP and the UpTime web interface
- Traffic to your website
- Email traffic
There are multiple options to resolve the issue:
- Limit your usage: Cut down on the amount of email you are sending and receiving, and/or content that you are uploading.
- Ignore: Allow your hosting package to be disabled, it will automatically be re-enabled daily bandwidth limit is no longer exceeded .
- Upgrade: Upgrade to a different UpTime hosting package. The packages and pricing are available on our UpTime Hosting page. We also have a support article on how to change your UpTime Hosting plan.
If you have any other questions about UpTime, or have difficulty with any of these instructions, please contact our support team.
 Daily Bandwidth is calculated by adding together the FTP, Email and HTTP traffic for the last 2 hours. Daily Bandwidth is recalculated every hour.
In order to update your web pages you’ll need to make changes to the files on our web server. The most common way of doing this is with FTP. You’ll need an FTP program, the host name or IP address of our server which hosts your site, your username and your password.
FTP program: There are many, both free and commercial. We recommend Filezilla at http://filezilla-project.org/ or WinSCP at http://winscp.net/. Both of these programs are free to use under the GNU General Public License, but if you find their software useful please make a reasonable donation on their web site.
Host Name: We recommend you simply use the domain name you’re trying to update. For example, if your site is http://www.example.com, then your host name is www.example.com.
Your username and password: You should have received these when your account was created. If you can’t remember them simply contact us for help.
In addition, all or our linux hosting platforms support more secure protocols such as SFTP, FTP, SCP. Filezilla supports SFTP an FTP. For SCP, which supports all three protocols, we recommend WinSCP for Windows clients.